Saturday, August 3, 2013

Meet the Artist: Robert Crespin

Robert Crespin has been with APG for three years now, and the gallery truly wouldn't be the same without him.  A prolific and award winning artist, you can always count on Roberto's wall to have something new and different when you come into the gallery.  You may have seen his work this past year at the New Mexico Arts & Crafts Fair, The Contemporary Hispanic Market, or in the Albuquerque Water Utility Authority 2013 Calendar.

Here's a little more about the artist, straight from the source.

As a native New Mexican, I have lived among the Western Cowboy, Pueblo Indian, and Northern New Mexico Hispanic cultures of my state. I grew up watching my mother painting landscapes and flowers, and was inspired to see her use of light, shadows, and colors, and her understanding of the beauty of the world. I strive to capture these elements in my photography.

The Land of Enchantment’s striking landscapes and diverse cultures create a special environment for artists. New Mexico’s unique lighting is something artists have been inspired by for decades.  Every day I work on perfecting my skills, and I enjoy creating fine art that will stir a feeling, tickle a sense, or inspire you to create something within you. I hope you enjoy what I have captured through my lens.

Gracias y Bienvenidos,
Robert Crespin

Nature is man’s teacher.  She unfolds her treasures to his search.  Unseals his eye, illumes his mind, and purifies his heart; An influence breathes from all the sights and sounds of her existence.  
-Alfred Billings Street




No comments:

Post a Comment