Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Light

After chasing around for the better part of an afternoon looking for "iconic" snow pictures in the east mountains, I was driving home when I looked to the east again and saw the Sandias being bathed in what many artists coming to New Mexico looking for; late afternoon golden winter light. In the past, I have tried driving to the end of the road -- as it were -- to work up close. But traffic at that time of day can really get bogged down. And, there really is no way to plan for this light. Either it emerges, or it doesn't. Fortunately, I've found a short distance "go to" place pretty near my home. It gives me at least 30 minutes of late afternoon working light.

Aside from posting it on this blog, I'm showing the framed image at The Albuquerque Photography's Gallery in Old Town, Albuquerque starting today and lasting through the month. This little, compressed image really doesn't do the scene justice. The framed print does. It's called "Hallelujah," on the back of the marvelous performance by Justin Timberlake on "Hope For Haiti Now."

No comments:

Post a Comment