Sunday, February 14, 2010

Route 66

One of my colleagues at the gallery and co-op suggested that I make more matted images of my Route 66 pictures because during her shift at the gallery some visitors had asked for matted prints of one particular image in various smaller sizes. I thought that was a good idea so I'll add a few new images to my collection at the gallery during the next week or so.

She suggested that I add pictures of the old hotels that dot Albuquerque's Central Avenue and that's also a good idea. Most of them are pretty worn. Their neon lights are broken or don't work at all, but they do reflect a bygone era when most travelers drove across country on the "Mother Road." In Albuquerque, Route 66 actually approaches and pass through the city from four directions; east-west, which is the route we typically think of, but also north - south from Santa Fe to the South Valley which was the pre-1937 route.

Even though I've photographed a lot of these old buildings, there's still lot's to photograph. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment